As a step to enhance minimum night’s setup, we are moving the setup option of the same from rate setup page to reservation rule setup page. Action points for users to do are listed below:
- Each room type and all rooms under that room type should be assigned the same rate.
- For rooms that require a different rate, create a new room type and assign it with the appropriate rate.
- After successful mapping of unique rates for each room type, we will be providing an option on 12th December to migrate minimum nights from Rate pages to Reservation rules page with all the Seasonal date ranges associated with it.
- On 18th December, we will be removing the minimum night’s options in the rate pages. After this point, minimum nights for PMS, OTA and Online Booking Engine will work based on minimum nights in reservation rules page. Also, minimum nights will be setup from reservation rules page after this.
Note: Room type set up page works as a master page. So, when saving the room type setup page, all its respective rooms will be automatically assigned with what is setup for room type including the rate and maximum occupancy assigned for the room type.
Important Note: Only when each room type and all rooms under that room type is assigned with the same rate, minimum night’s migration will be successful.
Please continue to read for details of the process followed.
- Existing Minimum Nights Creation
- Updated Creation for Minimum Nights
- Room Type and Room Name should have the same RATE
- Migration of Minimum Nights from Rate Setup to Reservation Rule in application view
- Creating New Reservation Rule
1.1 Existing Minimum Nights Creation:
The existing way to set minimum night requirements are shown below.
Steps: Under Regular Rate
- Go the Setup Screen and then click Rate Setup.
- Choose any rate (Regular Rate) and click on its name.
- Enter the Minimum Nights count and click Save Rate Plan.
Steps: Under Season Rate
- Go the Setup Screen and then click Rate Setup.
- Choose any rate (Regular Rate) and click on the Seasonal Rate magnifying glass.
- Click the Edit pencil icon in the right hand column
- Enter the Minimum Nights count and then save (Update button).
1.2 What’s New in New Minimum Nights Creation:
- Minimum Nights option in both Regular and Seasonal Rates will be removed.
- Minimum Nights will be set only in Reservation Rules. Any existing minimum nights in Rate Setup will be migrated to Reservation Rules.
- Minimum Nights will be created based on Room Type only.
- The new Minimum Nights Reservation Rules are applicable to Front Desk, Online Booking, OTA, or all three.
- Room Types and their respective Units should have the Same Rate applied. If any Unit has a different rate assigned other than that specified in the Room Type settings, create a new, unique Room Type, and then assign that Unit to it with the respective rates. You should also double-check that the correct Rate Name is specified in the Room Type settings. (See below)1.3 Room Type and Room Name should have the same RATE:
Room Type and its respective Units must have the Same Rate applied, for the migration from Rate Setup to Reservation Rule to be successful.
If the Rate assigned in the Room Type Settings and the one assigned in the Unit Setup are DIFFERENT, then follow the steps below.
Condition 1: if the Rate assigned in the Room Type and Room Name are DIFFERENT.
Room Type Name – Deluxe Unit Name – Deluxe1 Rate name – Double Rate Rate Name – Single Rate
For the above condition, there will be a new Room Type created with the same Rate that is assigned to each Unit. In the example above, Unit name Deluxe1 will be removed from the Deluxe Room Type and then a new Room Type with the same Rate as the Unit will be created and then the same Rate should be assigned to the new Room Type created. So now the Room Type and Unit have the same Rate assigned.
Room Type Name – Deluxe1 Unit Name – Deluxe1 Rate name – Single Rate Rate Name – Single Rate
- If three Units are assigned a different Rates under one Room Type then these three Units should be removed from the existing Room Type and then a new, unique Room Type will be created for each of the three Units.
- In the Room Type calendar, multiple Room Types will be shown because of the creation of new Room Types.
Condition 2: Rate assigned in Room Type and Unit are SAME.
For the above condition, no changes are made. The minimum nights in the Room Type will apply to all the Units under the Room Type.
1.4 Migration of Minimum Nights from Rate Setup to Reservation Rule in application view:
The below steps show the migration of minimum nights from Rate Setup to Reservation Rule screen,
Pre-Condition for Migration:
Once again, each Room Type and its respective Units should have the Same Rate applied, which you going to migrate to Reservation Rule.
- For Regular and Seasonal Rates, which have a Minimum Nights requirement greater than one, will show the Migrate button (See the screenshot).
- When clicking on the Migrate button, all the Minimum Nights for the particular Rate (minimum nights in both Regular and Seasonal) will be migrated to Reservation Rules.
- If the Rate is assigned with the Room Type and all its Rooms under it are same, then migration will be succeed. If it is not, then an error alert will be shown.
- Migrated Regular Rates will only have EWR selected in the reservation rule. Migrated Seasonal Rates will have OTA and EWR selected. Existing Rules will have EWR and PMS selected.
- For the minimum nights in the regular rate (min nights greater than one), a reservation rule with a date range of 2 years will be created.
- The created rule in the Reservation Rule screen will be saved with the prefix “Migrated Rule from Rate”
Note: If in Reservation Rule it has already minimum nights is created (ex. minimum nights is 3 for 12/1/2017 to 12/30/2017). When migration the rate from the Rate Setup (ex. minimum nights is 2 for 12/17/2017 to 12/19/2017), the minimum nights from the Rate Setup will be overlapped in the Reservation Rule.
Example for the migration to Reservation Rule,
Minimum Nights set in Seasonal Rates are shown below. The current seasonal date is 10/20/2017 to 10/22/2017 for 2 minimum nights.
After clicking on the Migrate button in the Rate Setup list, the date range in the Seasonal Rates and the Unit assigned to it will have a corresponding Reservation Rule created as shown in the below screenshot. In seasonal rate, the end date plus one will be considered to account for the check-out date. But in Reservation Rule, the end date does not.
In Seasonal Rate – 10/20/2017 to 10/22/2017
In Reservation Rule – 10/20/2017 to 10/21/2017
Your Reservation Rule List will now show the Rules that were created by the migration process:
The Rate assigned Room Type will be checked in the Room Type check list.
Note: Minimum Nights in the Reservation Rule are based on the Room Type, so the Seasonal Rate unit’s Room Type will be checked in the reservation rule.
Creating New Reservation Rule:
To access reservation rule screen, click on the Setup button at the top right corner of the screen. Then under Advanced, click Reservation Rules.
- Click on the Add button at the bottom.
- Choose the From Date and To Date.
- Check the Minimum Night Stay check box and enter the number of night’s value in the text box.
- If you need to apply the rule to a particular module like OTA, Online Booking Engine, Easy InnKeeping then check the needed module check box.
- Check the Days check box in which the minimum nights to affect.
- Check the Room Type check box. If you need to apply the minimum nights for all the Room Types for the given date range then click on the ALL checkbox.
- Name the rule and save it.