Tax can be set up under Setup>> Basic Easy InnKeeping>>Taxes.
1. Click on the Add button to add a new tax. The “Setup Tax” page is displayed as shown.
2. Enter Tax Name.
3. Select the Tax Type. Tax type comprises of the following options:
- Percentage of Amount: It denotes that the tax deducted will be a particular percentage of the total room amount.
- Flat amount: A flat amount is charged as tax regardless of the room total.
- Inclusive GST: GST amount is 9.09% of the room total.
4. Enter the tax rate in the Amount box.
5. If the tax applies to lodging, select Applied To Lodging check box. Taxes will be applicable to reservations only if this check box is selected.
6. Click on the Save button.